Monday, July 9, 2007

Where do these people come from?

Ruth Ann Dailey lives in a different reality than I do. Please read this and let me know if I alone think its unfocused and ridiculously pro-life. I read her column quite regularly, and find myself wondering who pays her for her awful opinions? Every 'straight-thinking american' that I know would think this editorial to be absurd. She seems to have totally missed the point of Mr. Toobin's statement when he points to 'extraordinary risk to the ...fetus'. I must admit, that not having read anything of Mr. Toobin's statements other than what is in Ms. Dailey's editorial it is painfully obvious that he meant that the fetus has very little chance of survival BEFORE the abortion procedure.
While I do agree that partial-birth abortion seems cruel and mostly unnecessary, I'm sure that it is not a decision that is easily made, or happily performed by any doctor arbitrarily. I've stated this opinion before and I will again, unless you have been in a situation in which abortion was a legitimate option, than you do not have any right to question whether or not it should be legal. Judging by Ms.Dailey's biography posted online, I would find it hard to believe that she was ever in such a situation.

No comments: