Monday, June 11, 2007

Wilds of West Virginia

All Deliverance jokes aside, West Virginia is a great place to get away to drink, shoot, play paintball and otherwise humiliate yourself for an entire weekend. I poured a little out for the great citizens of Great Cacapon, WV for staying out of our way (or we would have gunned them down like the white trash that they are). See you next year!

You can find all of my pics and the best of Warick's here. Also added the pics from St. Patty's day and a few more of the baby boy.

Never thought that there were really any lizards north of the Carolinas. I was wrong. I saw what appeared to be (according to the National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Repitles and Amphibians) the following species in WV, running all over the place (unfortunately I didn't have my camera or field guide handy (isn't that always the case?)):

Northern Prairie Lizard







Racerunner or Five-Lined Skink

It was pretty great to finally see lizards thriving in the Northeast. I saw three total, all at least 4-5 inches long; within about 15 minutes of each other. I would estimate that it was around noon. By the time I was back outside around 3-4 o'clock they were nowhere to be found.

Well Herm, the old lady ruined it for you again. Just when we thought you couldn't join us in West Virginia because of new job obligations, she mentions in her blog from Honduras for you to have a good time at the Kenny Chesney show. Nice cowboy boots, fag.

Don't forget to check out Kelly's blog from Honduras here.
Looks like she's having a great time!

No comments: