Monday, March 26, 2007

Herd Mentality

Here is a link to some thoughts on herd mentality at bus stops. I can kind of agree, as my commute is similar, especially on the way home. However, I find more humor in 'getting to know' your fellow riders.

There are certain people who I see on the bus everyday, without fail. I have no idea of their names, nor do I particularly care; but I do 'know' them in a sense. For example, I know that everyday there is a woman, who is rather manish I might add, who gets on the bus at the last stop out of town. Everyday, she looks annoyed and flustered at the number of people on the bus, especially when she dosen't get a seat. One would think that after months, or years, you would know that at that time of day and at that stop the bus is always crowded. She acts as if we know she will soon board and therefore should clear the seats and let her have her choice.

There is also the older, cougarish, blonde who literally jumps to the head of the line at the bus stop as soon as the bus arrives with such intensity, you would swear it was the last bus to leave Pittsburgh, ever.

But let us not forget the older black gentleman who, finding himself without a seat, holds onto the overhead rail in a manner to plant his croutch directly square in the face of the sitting passenger. That sitting passenger, in my opinion, suddenly realizes how lucky the rest of us are to be standing.

More on this later...

Woohoo! Free online documentaries.

The Philadelphian renaissance of Pittsburgh continues and grows.

No comments: